What is Journey?
We are a coordinated specialty care (CSC) team that utilizes a collaborative approach to recovery with the primary objective of recovery through timely identification and treatment. The aim of Journey is to work closely with you and your support system to help you reclaim ownership of your life. We will strive to help you achieve self-efficacy whether it be occupationally, educationally, in social or leisure activities/settings and/or independent living via a multi-disciplinary approach. We do not believe having a mental illness should hinder you from reaching your potential. Early interventions have been shown to decrease symptom severity, frequency and/or stymie the progression of the disease thus improving your chances of recovery.
What are some signs there could be a problem?
- Social isolation
- Unexplained depression or anxiety
- Quality of school/work performance deteriorates
- Caring less about appearance
- Hearing, seeing, smelling or feeling things others do not
- Unusual thoughts e.g. feeling like others are talking about you, plotting against you without proof, etc.
- Jumbled thoughts or trouble concentrating with trouble communicating
- Strange occurrences of irritability or aggression
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Have been experiencing symptoms more than 1 week and less than 2 years
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Be willing to participate in the program for 1-3 years
- Psychosis is not due to substance usage or a medical condition
Is Journey right for you?
We are a goal-oriented treatment team that offers comprehensive, multi-disciplinary care that is based on collaborating with you and your family/support system to identify your personal strengths in order to help you reach your goals. We provide an array of services based on an individualized treatment plan that capitalizes on your strengths.
Those services can include all or some of the following:
- Psychiatric services
- Tailored psychotropic medications to target and reduce symptomology
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Case management
- Psychosocial education for you and, potentially, your family
- Supported education and/or employment
- Recovery coaching that focuses on resiliency training
- Peer support
- Crisis services
- Targeted coping strategies
- Stress management
- Health and wellness training
If all or some of the above are things that you’ve experienced and you’re willing to work closely and collaboratively with the team for 1-3 years then Journey might be for you.
How are we different than other Central Counties Services (CCS) treatment programs?
- Smaller caseloads which allow for individually tailored care
- Team approach
- Holistic methodology
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
4414 Cactus Trail
Temple, TX 76502
- Meetings are held the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of
the month at 6:30 p.m.
Temple VA Hospital, Room 5G31, 1901 S. 1st St.
∞ culturally sensitive ∞ person centered ∞ shared decision making ∞ recovery oriented ∞