Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Waiver
What Is the YES Waiver?
The Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Waiver is a 1915(c) Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services Waiver that allows for more flexibility in the funding of intensive community-based services to assist children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances to live in the community with their families.
Waiver services are provided in combination with services available through the Medicaid State Plan, other federal, state, and local programs the individual may qualify for, and the natural support that families and communities provide.
- Reducing out-of-home placements and inpatient psychiatric treatment by all child-serving agencies;
- Providing a more complete continuum of community-based services and supports;
- Ensuring families have access to parent partners and other flexible non-traditional support services as identified in a family-centered planning process;
- Preventing entry into the foster care system and relinquishment of parental custody; and
- Improving the clinical and functional outcomes of children and adolescents.
Who Do I Contact About Receiving Services?
If you are interested in YES Waiver services, you must be registered on the Inquiry List in the county in which you live.
Contact Central Counties Services at 1-844-815-6221 (Press 2 for YES Waiver)